While most of you get dressed all sparkly and pretty for the evening's festivities, my husband and I will do our usual couch potato thing. We like it that way. But I can't let the year pass without expressing my gratitude and appreciation for some very special people who have touched me with their magic over the year, lent me their ear, or provided me a shoulder when needed.
As always, the first and foremost person to whom I owe so much goes to my husband of 20-something years, Marc. His wit and staunch support of me through thick and thin keeps me grounded, focused, and happy.
From a business standpoint, the list is almost endless. I'll do my best to list everyone, so you might want to go get a drink first.
- I would be NO WHERE without the support and help of two of my favorite You Tubers, Pursebuzz and EnKore. It was Koren's brilliant idea that I should show at IMATS, and both he and Elessa helped make sure everyone else knew of my presence while I soiled those big girl unnerpants in fear - only to end up doing better than my wildest dreams and selling out of product!
- There are also no words to express my gratitude to Grace Chun, who has been my rock throughout the bulk of the year. She kept me tethered whenever I started to fly off into space from anxiety both while preparing and exhibiting at IMATS with that immutable calm she possess, spent endless hours reading 8,794,179 college essays for Jamie, and no matter what, always had a big smile on her face.
- To my vendors, mainly Katie, Kaila, Dee and Jessica - thank you for putting up with me, my emergency shipments, and my special orders. One day, I hope to just have a traditional, normal order. But don't hold your breath waiting for it.
- For the makeup artists who have supported my products and my business, a big kiss:
- Melissa Street
- Kevin James Bennett
- Felicia Walker-Benson
- Heather Wilson
- Crystal Sawyer
- Ren (aka MakeupbyRenRen)
- Julie G (aka JulieG713)
- There's almost too many bloggers to mention, but several that have become some of my best supporters, best customers, and best friends while each of us went through life's trials and tribulations over the year. I'd be remiss if I didn't give an extra special shout out to:
- Jami (Bionic-Beauty)
- Mo (A Year with Flat Daddy, Mythbuster Beauty)
- Elke (Beauty Blog Network, The Model Brow)
- Anastasia (Lipsticks & Lightsabers)
- Alyson (Gloss Menagerie)
- Nessa (Nessasary Makeup)
- Stephanie (Aquaheart's Obsession)
- I can't go without wishing a happy, healthy 2011 to the people who never cease to crack me up on Twitter: Paula, Dustin, Michael, Hillary, Vicki, Michelle, SparkleCrackHQ ... and on, and on... Easier to just check out who I follow on Twitter.
- Finally, wishing a wonderful, prosperous and healthy New Year to my partners in crime: Kathy, Val, Michael Lamb, Donna, and Melissa.
I know I've missed a whole bunch of people, so please don't be offended if you're not listed here. Enjoy your evening, make the best of your New Year, be happy, and to approrpriately quote Dustin Hunter, "Drive Safe".