Friday, August 06, 2010

Long Time, No Post

Boy, talk about the ultimate in procrastination - it's been over a month since I've posted even a peep! Not only have I been a busy bee, but more importantly, I can sum it up in two words: Writer's Block. I've got so much going on, I really haven't stopped to think about what to post. How do bloggers who post new content do this every single day? Even now, I logged on to write this post, and ended up redesigning the blog instead. So this is just a quick little post to update you on things.

We've added some new eye shadows to the line - they're Limited Editions created specifically for IMATS. Translation: the display I used held more shades than I carried, so I made new colors. For the most part, these shades are more bold than my usual shades, just from the very nature of the type of people who attend IMATS. Once they sell out, they're probably going to be gone. Mint was the biggest seller at the show, and as of the time I write this post, there are only two left.


Also on the "short list" is our Cream to Powder shadows. I've always hated making these, but they're cool. They're also time consuming to make, and I can only make 2-3 at a time. I've always had in the back of my mind that these will be goners, but just started running out of the ingredients to make them, so what's made is made, and what's sold out is gone forever. If you've ever been curious about these shadows, now is the time to pick one up.


I bought some little flat top baby bukis to use for application demonstrations at IMATS, with no intention of ever doing anything else with them. Everyone liked them so much, I've brought them in as a permanent item. They're a very soft, yet dense synthetic taklon hair, and are great for throwing in your purse, your desk, or for use with samples, and you won't break your bank to own one. Another new brush added: a duo-fiber full sized kabuki.

Finally, our anniversary is coming up! September 18th will mark the 3rd anniversary of our first day in business. Each year has exponentially grown over the previous, and it's all thanks to you guys. So I need some ideas on how to celebrate. I can't do another Woot-Off style sale like I did for my 50th 21st birthday like I did last year. As fun as it was, it was completely nuts! So what would YOU like to see? A percentage off? Free shipping? A deeply discounted price on a particular item or category that changes each day? A random giveaway? Something I haven't even thought of? Let me know in the comments what would you would most appreciate as my thank you to you.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats, Robyn! Must have been a great and fun 3 years :) Stressful at times (like IMATS) but you had fun, right?

    It's funny how colours you made just to fill the display ends up to be best sellers, lol. A special a day would be great, giveaways are awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd LOVE to see a sale on Diamond Perfect finishing powder, it's my favorite but it's so expensive (i understand why but it still is) or free shipping but that is the product i am interested in most (and a couple of my girlfriends are too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a deep discount on the Diamond Powder, that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a discount on diamond powder or some sort of free ship code would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like free shipping, or a special percent off total purchase would be cool ttoo!

    Love the silk powder, it is a GREAT product! And maybe a free sample of something, as I haven't tried the diamond perfect finish yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Free shipping worldwide on all products would be great. Who doesn't love free shipping?!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a special percent discount and free shipping.That would be AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anonymous #5. I can't afford to do both a percent discount AND free shipping (not without a minimum order size). If you were to pick one over the other, which would be your choice?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would prefer a special discount...Please do consider that because people can try out different product with decent price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer a special discount over free shipping.I plan to try out different products....so I really hope that discount applies to everything....kits can be excluded from the sales.What do you think.By the way,my name is Claudia.Nice seeing your respond...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still believe that free shipping is the way to go cause it can be costly when you buy a few things, so that way you have your discount on everything! Someone would also be willing to go back and buy more if they were happy with their purchase because they wouldn't have to worry about paying for shipping again. But that would also depend on how long the offer would last. Another reason free shipping is the way to go is because all your customers would have the same deal worldwide. ;)

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK... so it looks like it's narrowed down. It's likely to be either a discount across the board or free shipping. *tosses coin*

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think about this post! Your tips, tricks, opinions and questions are always welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin