Wednesday, June 30, 2010

IMATS 2010 Recap

We survived! Oh my, was that an experience to never be forgotten. I've been to IMATS before as an attendee, and I've never seen it (or any other makeup show) so dang crowded! The line to get in on Saturday for those who had already bought their tickets in advance was out the door, and from what I understand, it took hours to get through the line and into the show. The staff even had to shut the doors until sufficient people had left that they could let more bodies in.

I had a fear that I would fall flat on my face, and was wound so tight in the days prior to the show that those who knew me knew to stay far, far away. Even my husband offered to do the laundry, lol. I thought we'd be picking lint out of our navels looking stupid. I mean let's face it: there were companies such as MAC, Make Up Forever, NYX, Urban Decay, and Eve Pearl exhibiting... and lil' ol' Robyn. OMG, from the minute the doors opened, we were non-stop! Can you believe that people were actually seeking us out? Even better - by the end of the first day, I had SOLD OUT of Diamond Perfect Finish! I had to go back and fill some more jars after standing on my feet and drinking my dinner (vodka and cranberry juice covers many major food groups, you know).

I put together a little YouTube video of the show - not that we had any opportunity to take some pics. I didn't even get ones with my friends - I got to see Vanessa (Nessasary Makeup) whom I haven't seen in eons, met and hob nobbed with Kevin-James Bennett (OMG OMG OMG - he loved the Diamond Perfect Finish), James Vincent, of course Enkore Makeup and Pursebuzz, This That Beauty, met Queen of Blending, Julieg713, I could go on and on.... Of course none of this is in the video, lol. Took me 4 hours for this minute and a half video. How people do this on a weekly basis, I have no clue.

Hope you enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Nice job on the video!! I am so glad it was a success!! Are you going back next time? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I'll never make it in the video editing world, ha ha. I think I'll do the show again. If I had to commit today, I'd say no. 3 months of 18 hour days prepping and 3 days of basically no food or sleep is so much work! But I suspect it's like giving birth - after a short while, you kinda forget all the pain and just remember the good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it Robyn, the show is too good to be missed, both as an attendee like me or an exhibitor like you :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! Congratulations!! I wanted to attend IMATS so badly, but I wasn't able to.

    I'll definitely have to look into the Diamond Perfect Finish, it sounds nice!

    Rebecca

    http://colorfulobsessionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robyn,

    I just ordered your 3 for $5 sample pack and I can't wait to use it. Hopefully, your makeup will reduce my acne prone face and eliminate that "ghostly white" face look on photos (very embarassing).

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Iris,
    Believe it or not, it's already been shipped - got it out just in the nick of time before the postman came :)

    If you're having ghost white backflash, you might want to consider using the pure silk powder as a finishing powder (and/or blended in with your foundation when you discover your shade and order a full size) - silk reflects light the closest to natural skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Robyn, your quick. So far, I'm very impressed with your customer service. The "white face" is probably due to the high amount of titanium dioxide ingredient (as SPF) in my foundation. Oh, and thanks for the tip regarding using pure silk powder. Because of glowing reviews, I was actually going to buy your diamond perfect finish, but since you are the expert, I'll go with your recommendation instead.

    Any additional thoughts/recommendations? By the way, I have yellow undertones and most foundations are too pink for me. I'm happy to see that you have foundations for my skin color.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Diamond Perfect Finish works well with photography as well - so long as you don't apply it too heavy - just like a heavy hand with MUFE's HD powder can show up white in photographs. The downside of the Diamond Perfect Finish is it can be a tad whitening on darker skin tones. I at one point had a tinted version as well, but one of the ingredients had been on backorder with the raw material vendor for nearly a year, and I finally gave up. However, it CAN be used on darker skin if you buff it in well, or use beneath your foundation. The silk, on the other hand, is translucent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robyn, thanks for the advice. I have very sensitive skin (acne prone) so I'm glad to find your products. I'm hoping to received my order by today so I can quickly order the full size at the right color for my skin. By the way, congratulations on your success at IMATS.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think about this post! Your tips, tricks, opinions and questions are always welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin