Monday, February 15, 2010

Countdown To: The Makeup Show LA 2010

There's only less than two weeks left until The Makeup Show begins in LA! I'm really looking forward to this year's show - more so than last year, where I was deathly afraid of speaking on the blogger's panel and sounding like a complete and utter idiot (which fortunately, I pulled off ok - check out how it went last year on this post).


I'll be attending a special blogger's preview the day prior to the official opening, where I'll have the opportunity to get a sneak preview of the show and meet the players behind the brands. I'm looking forward to seeing the trends and what's new for Spring so that I can stay on my toes. There are some new vendors that I'd really like to check out, such as Inglot - EnKore raves about them - and plan to sit in on John Hennessey's (of Inglot) seminar for Achieving Editorial Beauty. There are so many seminars I want to sit in on (you can see the whole schedule here), when am I going to shop???


The show is run by The Powder Group, and open to everyone in the makeup industry: bloggers, makeup artists, students - anyone in the business of makeup or beauty, and runs Sunday, Feb 28th and Monday, March 1st. Advance tickets are $35 for a single day's attendance, and $50 to attend both days. Students get a 10% discount, and ticket prices go up at the door. You can purchase your tickets in advance through Feb 25th. I highly encourage everyone who can possibly make it to attend; it's a fabulous show without being too overwhelming.

I even seriously pondered attending the show as a vendor instead of an attendee, but I'm still waiting on my new packaging to arrive (latest ETA is the end of this month), and wouldn't have the manpower to pull it all together in time. Who knows? Maybe next year I can be like the Big Boys and have my OWN booth :)


If you do plan on attending, I've put together a "Tweet Up" after Saturday's show so that I can finally meet "live and in person" so many of the great people I've met only online. I'm finally going to meet Koren of EnKore Makeup, Elessa from Pursebuzz, catch up with old friends like Michael (Jeune d'Age Organics), makeup artists Melissa Street and Heather Wilson, and get starstruck meeting BIG names like Eve Pearl and Tricia Sawyer - just to name a few. If you're going to the show and can make the Tweet-Up, just click the image on the left and RSVP.


If you plan on attending, hunt me down -
I'd
LOVE to meet everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh... I might have to cancel everything those two days and experience the goods!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good show. I hit 'em all: IMATS, The Makeup Show, Cosmoprof... This one is well represented without being too huge! Welcome to LA!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think about this post! Your tips, tricks, opinions and questions are always welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin