Thursday, March 05, 2009

Attention Brush Whores!

Hi, my name is Robyn, and I'm a brush whore. There, I've said it. I collect makeup brushes like others collect shoes. I'm also pretty anal about them, and am vigilant about washing them at least weekly (shadow brushes get washed daily, since I constantly change my shadow colors).

I found a really, really cool item for brushes: The Brush Guard. The Brush Guard is made of a flexible plastic that is stretchy (I have no idea what it's made of, but it's patented). I store all of my burhses in a cup on my bathroom counter. Since it's jammed packed with brushes, I have trouble with stray hairs from jamming my brushes back into the cup. These protectors safely wrap all my brush heads so that I don't have to worry about that anymore. More importantly, they retain your brush's original shape, and can is made of a stiff enough plastic that you can slide this breathable sleeve over your freshly washed brush and be able to stand it on end to dry, preventing water from gettting into the glue of the ferrule. You can protect your brushes for travel or in your purse.


BUT HERE'S THE REALLY GOOD NEWS!

I've ordered a boatload of these puppies, and once they arrive, all brush orders will now automatically be wrapped in a Brush Guard sleeve. Added value, no added cost!

If you're curious to see The Brush Guard live and in person, check out their video:

3 comments:

  1. These things are great! Do they fit over your kabuki though? I couldn't get the large size over the short handle of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They fit over most kabukis, though I'm not fond of how they do so - picture a pea in a pod. You have to squeeze the buki in and out, with the protector hanging over on each side. Since bukis are the hardest to dry ferrule side up, I don't feel that these are the ideal way to work with kabukis. I'm actually working with the company to make a new size especially for kabukis. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Thanks for letting me know... I'll need to get one of those new ones when they come out:)

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think about this post! Your tips, tricks, opinions and questions are always welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin