Here's what I've learned about those quickie trips:
- I am not a skier. Buying a lift ticket to ski 4 runs and poop out is an expensive way to go.
- You can't get your credit card processor and your merchant account to talk to each other when you need them to and you can't be in front of a computer and on your cell phone at the same time when your only reception is outside the building.
- I can't sleep without my dog sharing my pillow anymore.
- I am a beach person, not a snow gal. Except for the innertubing.
- Having your 15 year old daughter and her boyfriend together makes you very nervous. I am not ready for her to grow up!
- It will take me twice as long as I was gone to catch up on everything.
But... I'm back! Please have patience with me - I've got many phone calls to return, and a boatload of orders to ship. The quick and easy ones were filled late last night and shipped today. I'm hoping to get the rest out today, but it may take until tomorrow. If I haven't responded to you, I will get there - eventually.
Next time I go away, I'm making it worthwhile. Somewhere with a beach and fru-fru drinks, and no less than a week. If I'm going to come back to disaster, I may as well enjoy myself while I'm gone!