Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Goodwill Towards Others Post

This one has absolutely nothing to do with fashion, shopping, or my products. The end of 2008 is drawing near, and it's time to reflect on your good fortunes, and remember those who are not as fortunate as you. I am blessed with health, happiness, family, a roof over my head, and food in my stomach. There are many out there with none of these most important things in life.

A gentleman named Mark Horvath works with the homeless people of Los Angeles - he's trying to buy them raincoats, which for many homeless, is all the shelter they may have. Watch some of the videos he has posted on his invisiblepeople.tv blog - it is truly heartwarming what this man does for those less fortunate.

Michael Buckingham of Holy Cow Creative is collecting donations to send Mark money for those raincoats. His post, I'm Dreaming of a Dry Christmas, has a link to donate (he's collecting through January 1st). On his post, his goal of 100 coats has been reached. There are far many more homeless in LA than the 100, and I challenge everyone to make that 500 coats. $4.29 is all that it costs to buy a raincoat. I bought 5. Will you buy 5 as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think about this post! Your tips, tricks, opinions and questions are always welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin