Monday, November 24, 2008

Purely Cosmetics Launches New Products

I've been adding stuff to the website right and left, but haven't been updating the blog much. Deviating slightly from all naturally derivied ingredients, I've added a few products by popular customer requests.

We are now offering all of our eye shadows in pressed powder versions. There is absolutely no way to successfully press these puppies (that I've found, at least) without using a non-natural binder. I tried using just jojoba, but the powders never dried and they didn't ship very well. All of the base ingredients are still natural minerals, however, a small amount of dimethicone is sprayed to bind the pigments together. The pressed shadows are offered in 2 slot compacts and 10 shade palettes. The tins on the 10 shade palette are removeable and interchangeable, and measure 1 3/8" (35mm) across - which is a larger diameter than MAC pans.

Also added to the eye color line is Waterproof Eye Liner. This eye liner will not come off no matter what until you take it off. I actually talked my daughter into wearing it during her swim meet (shocker!), and it remained in place despite taking her swim goggles on and off all day long (by the way, just in case anyone cares, she did really, really well at that meet!). The waterproof liner is offered in 3 shades: Black Cherry (a black with deep red highlights), Black Out (self descriptive), and Chocolate Mousse (a medium-dark brown).

Are you ready for the holiday shopping season?
Once again, we will be participating in the December My Pretty Pink Box, which will go on sale December 9th. Last month's box sold out in less than 2 hours, so make sure you sign up for an email reminder and are online at 7:00am PST so that you don't miss out! I promise, only good stuff from me!

I will also be offering a "Cyber Monday" promotion for those who subscribe to my newsletter. If you want to be kept abreast of what's going on on Cyber Monday (the Monday following Thanksgiving - Dec 1st, this year), make sure that you subscribe to my newsletter. I barely have time to post on this blog; I assure you, you'll never receive spam as a newsletter!

2 comments:

  1. ooo that 10 shadow palette is fabulous lady!!! Im gonna have to take advantage of my certificate soon before it expires.
    goodness...all these sales and discounts and black friday influences!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dangerous, isn't it? There are 2 different versions of the 10 shadow palette - the Pressed Powder shadows and the Cream to Powder shadows. Good luck deciding!

    ps - Why aren't you following me on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think about this post! Your tips, tricks, opinions and questions are always welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin