Saturday, September 27, 2008

CBS 2 HD Consumer Profile: Mineral Makeup

CBS did a profile on mineral makeup today. The link to the video is here. I wish they'd let you just imbed the video right on this post, but that can only be done on Facebook (why?)

At the end of the report, they mention a list of commonly used ingredients that are used as preservatives or fragances that many will have sensitivites to. The ingredients that they list are as follows:
Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, C-12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Sodium Borate -- TEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Aloe Vera, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Quince Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, EDTA, Allantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben, Menthol.
Personally, I have no idea why allantoin and aloe vera are on the list, but hey, I didn't write the article!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn! How are you!?? Yeah no need to do wash your face after with any of these removers! They are really nice to dry skin people like me! The Mandom one is great for oily or combination skin types!

    Let me know if you want me to send you one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, yeah! I'll trade ya one of those (the less oily one; I hate that oily feel, even if it does sink in) if you have it in the dry skin version for one of the new palettes that are finally arriving tomorrow! If you haven't seen the final shades yet (other than a purple that I just finished making a few minutes ago), here's the link to the slide show showing them in sunlight and in the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robyn! Yeah it was one of the mineral eyeshadow baggies you sent the second time around with the cream to powder eyeshadows...or maybe im wrong and got the colors mixed up haha but I am sure it's from you because I set it down with the cream to powder eyeshadows! Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's a semi-solid and not a powder, then yep - it's the cream to powders. Do me a favor - post the same answer on your blog? I can just see all the emails/calls coming in looking for those colors, LOL. Glad you like them; I'm thinking they're really cool, and different than what everyone else has. Hear that MAC? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think about this post! Your tips, tricks, opinions and questions are always welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin