Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Making Lemonade Out Of Lemons!

I've been working on some new products - some with success (Silk & Pearl Powder Primer, for example), some with zippo luck at all. Guess that goes with the territory of making your own formulations! I've spent forever trying to develop a cream-to-powder foundation, and it just ain't happening (sniff sniff).

Cream-to-Powder is a soft solid in the container (you could stick your fingernail in it and make a mark), but once you apply it, it's looks and feels like a super soft powder. It's very cool, but I can't get the consistency right. So... I've started playing around with the ingredients (which are very expensive, and I don't want to just toss them) and Eureka! I think I've just developed a new, unique eye shadow. I'm drive testing it today, and it goes on so smoothly, and wears very well so far. When applied to my hand, it wouldn't wash off under running water without some effort rubbing it off - I'll have to have my daughter wear it to swim practice, but it just may very well be waterproof eye shadow as well. Depending on what the texture looks/feels like tomorrow (my foundation experiments tended to have a different texture 24 hours after making them), you may see a new product on the horizon! Now what to call it.... Magic Powder Shadows? No Mess Eye Pots? I dunno... look for some odd sounding name under "Eyes" on the website, and you'll know I came up with a winner. In the meantime, I may be randomly sending out samples for customers to test and give me their feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo I so wanna try these shadows!!! Whatever they are called, I want 'em!!

    Big Hugs,
    Critty :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think about this post! Your tips, tricks, opinions and questions are always welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin